Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Making a Real Difference

4 years ago God dropped a vision in my heart to start schools in the inner cities of America founded on the truth and power of the gospel.  3 years ago I visited 6 inner city Christian private schools along the east coast in an effort to learn how different people were impacting their urban communities through Christ-centered education.  Among those Atlanta Youth Academy really made an impression on me.  I felt something different the moment I stepped into their school.  There was hope there.  There was joy there. There was even a certain kind of boldness and courage in the kids voices and eyes.  The Spirit of the living God was full in that school and I felt him.  During my visit I got a chance to meet with the school's principal and executive director and could not help but be challenged and encouraged by their vision and determination for excellence.  Before I left they sat me down and showed me their promotion video and  I wept like a baby because all I had been dreaming about, of God's promise for our inner city children were being shown in front of me.  It was moving.  They came out with a new video recently.  Here it is.


Seeds of Hope from Atlanta Youth Academy on Vimeo.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment