Thursday, September 10, 2009

10 Things I Hate About You


...from a student to a teacher.

1) You labeled me before you heard me speak.

2) You expect me to be tardy, loud, and lazy.

3) I haven't eaten three healthy meals in a row in over a month, but you still expect me to spend $110 on a calculator.

4) I won't dare speak of college around you, because I'm certain you would think it is a laughable possibility.

5) You try to entertain me instead of teach me, when we both know you can't compete with my Playstation and TV.

6) You look at me the same way the security guards in the mall do.

7) You and the other teachers belittle and disparage me behind closed doors.

8) To you, my value is attached to my ScanTron score.

9) You never ask me what I'm good at, what I love to do, what makes me come alive.

10) Your love and respect, which you withhold from me, would give me joy, would give me life, would save my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment